In furtherance of the directive of the Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. John Kayode Fayemi that all government offices take precautionary measures for the prevention of Coronavirus ( COVID-19) in Ekiti State, the Ministry of Justice is encouraging members of the public who require information from the Ministry to only telephone, send e.mail and/or visit our website, rather than visit our offices.
All our services such as consultations with the Attorney General, Administration of Estates, Prosecutions, Citizen’s Rights Protection, Advise on Chieftancy matters, Advise on Violence against women and children continue to be offered.
We recommend that you telephone the relevant departments before visiting the offices. We also strongly advise that only persons who will directly engage a service should visit our offices.
These persons are asked to follow the guidelines that have been issued by the Ekiti State Task Force on Covid-19:
• Wash/sanitize your hands thoroughly and often, avoid random shaking of hands, hugging, kissing.
• Avoid touching your face – more particularly your m.e.n (mouth, eyes, and nose)
• Cough/sneeze appropriately into a sleeve or paper tissue, discarding the latter into the bin.
• Practice social distancing: stay away from the sick and from large crowds
• Observe your own symptoms if ill: if persistent dry cough, high fever and have trouble breathing then self-isolate immediately, and call a doctor or an emergency number 112 for testing.
The Honourable Attorney General & Commissioner for Justice regrets any inconvenience this arrangement may cause while encouraging our service users to take the necessary precautions to protect themselves and others from the spread of COVID-19.
We further affirm the commitment of the Ministry of Justice to providing professional legal services to the Government and people of Ekiti State.
The following numbers are available from 9 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday.
• Office of the Attorney- General & Commissioner for Justice 09022028910.
• Administrators General & Public Trustee 08187184302
• Director, Public Prosecutions 08032514175
• Director, Citizen’s Rights 09067513812
• Director, Chieftancy Matters 0803 847 9674
• Special Assistant on Gender & Vulnerable persons 08151641554
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Solicitor General, Ekiti State & Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice